Technical Product Manager III - Esports Technology
Job Id: REQ-0006793
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship ever, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports. We are doing this through our high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom, Reinventing the Watch Experience, and through investing in industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker.
As Technical Product Manager III, you will put forth the vision and all aspects of technical delivery for our infrastructure, networking, and other emerging broadcast and event tech products. You will collaborate with teammates to find the right solutions, and help them break down barriers quickly and efficiently whenever they run into development challenges. You will also foster an open, transparent development environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting, visualization, and effective cross-team collaboration. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build flexible development plans including milestones and deliverables.
This role will require international travel as we support global esports events taking place inside and outside the US. Expected travel is 10-15% per year.
This role reports to the Director of Technical Product Management for Riot Esports Tech R&D.
- Accountable for the networking, infrastructure, and broadcast tech strategy for Riot Global Esports
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to craft a long term technology vision, plan and roadmap
- Prioritize the development work on the team for the maximum impact based on tradeoffs between time, resource need/availability, and ROI
- Partnering with teammates in engineering, infrastructure, broadcast, and production on an execution plan with a shared responsibility for product outcomes and team health
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience in product management
- Experience guiding engineering teams in networking, infrastructure, or broadcast
- Experience delivering complex technical projects involving multiple teams and vendors
- Experience leading Agile or Lean software development teams
- The ability to travel internationally with expected travel up to 20% per year
- Experience working in medium-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is critical to success
- Experience leading product management and direction with external development teams
- Experience leading product strategy and direction for technical products (tools, APIs, Engines)
- Passion for esports and Riot’s games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.