VFX Artist III, Characters - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006860
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you’ll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior VFX Artist on the VALORANT team, you will work closely with other VALORANT artists to communicate each effect’s actions, impact, and tonal experience, ultimately helping to bring the characters’ VFX to life.
- Design and help implement the sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to the gameplay
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity while working to ensure amazing effects are accurately representing a given action or state
- Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information and capture the essence of hundreds of characters
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency as-needed
- Use your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects to synthesize brand new assets from classic designs
- Find creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and as-needed
- 5+ years of professional experience as a visual effects artist in games or related industries
- Experience working Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine VFX tools
- Experience developing Unreal Blueprints
- Experience programming in C++ and UnrealScript
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.