Influencer Manager (Contract)
Job Id: 5475
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Riot (Influencer Manager), you will operate as a pivotal member of the Philippine marketing services team. You’ll be one of our ambassadors to content creators in the Philippines. You will be responsible for building meaningful and impactful relationships with local influencers, seeking out and developing new talent, and partnering with veterans and content creators on initiatives relating to Riot’s growing lineup: including League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift.
You’ll have firsthand experience in the content creator ecosystem and a deep awareness of the groups and influential personalities within the communities Riot speaks to. You’ll have a service-oriented mindset, with an understanding that your role is to celebrate and support leading figures in the community vs. trying to be one yourself.
Above all else, you appreciate Riot’s player-first philosophy - and how we orient around the goal of being player-focused. You have thoughts about the next rising stars in streaming, and you’re passionate about developing enduring relationships with accomplished creators while connecting them with the things that inspire them.
As a Rioter in Manila, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Philippines is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
You'll help build an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming, and rejection of convention. With teams in Live Services, we are dedicated to provide world class player experience to global players.
- Identify community creators who are making groundbreaking content for Philippine players to expand our influencer network
- Initiate, grow and foster relationships with influencers, support them through any engagement with Riot, track progress and data across their projects with us, and identify ways to level up their craft
- Develop (as needed) a network of agencies and external resources to assist in building, growing and maintaining an influencer network.
- Advise and consult with teams across Riot, becoming a trusted resource for best practices, and helping to add tangible value for players, creators and Riot.
- Collaborate externally with content creators across various mediums to create “A+++ would watch again” quality content
- Collaborate internally with Riot teams across the globe to create holistic, thoughtful and strategic experience for players around major publishing beats. Ensure that influencer engagement is never an afterthought
- Represent Riot well in the content creator space, building our reputation as great partners and outstanding collaborators
- Design strategies that focus on elevating the work the community creates, providing them with resources, and identifying exciting opportunities in the space
- Sustain and direct the local Riot Partner Program alongside strategic partners to ensure local influencers, rising stars, and newcomers can feel part of our ever-growing community and understand Riot’s approach to Influencer management
- Build and lead a team of vendors, contractors and Rioters as well as manage and assess their performance on a day-to-day and annual basis
- Promote and cultivate the internal Riot culture and promote high morale to achieve desired productivity through good working relationships, respect of authority, proactive attitude, and a safe workplace environment.
- Training Rioters about internal Riot company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have at least 5+ years of influencer management and relationship building experience
- You understand major streaming platforms in the Philippines and the influencers we are supporting
- Advised and performed on short-term and sustained influencer campaigns within the Gaming and Entertainment spheres
- You have 2+ years of experience in managing people and teams
- You have content and influencer program implementation/management experience
- Craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players over the easiest solution
- Empathy and understanding for content creators and their craft
- Manage multiple partnerships and campaigns at the same time
- Live event experience. Familiarity with esports is a plus
- Community management experience
- Participated in a game launch or major campaign
- Exposure to non-gaming entertainment marketing
- Knowledge and perspective on the global streamer community and ecosystem
- Fluent in both English and Filipino
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.