Manager, Software Engineering - Developer Connections, Source
Job Id: REQ-0006956
Developer Connections (DevCon) connects developers around the globe allowing them to ship games reliably and efficiently. We sit at the intersection of Game Studios, R&D, and Central Tech, allowing us to keep our fingers on the pulse of development across Riot. Our aim is to unblock teams so they can hit essential milestones for launching future games.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on DevCon, you understand that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. You shine light on chronically underserved tools and processes and turn them into first class offerings that unlock the full potential of your fellow creatives. You are equally comfortable setting the vision for where your team is going and diving into the code to hit critical milestones. You’re an advocate for the unsung glue teams, the folks that often make the biggest impact by nailing the little details.
On DevCon you’ll ensure that software development at Riot is a premium experience built on industry standard tools and best practices. This includes, but is not limited to:
- How Riot leverages GitHub (on prem and cloud). Today that means ensuring that developers have the tools to accommodate multiple git and gitops workflows. But we are also building for the future where cloud development, virtualization, and AI are transforming the SDLC.
- Artifact and dependency management. If it takes a village to raise a baby, it takes hundreds of gigabytes and millions of files to build our games. By providing fast, reliable, and safe storage and retrieval of these core building blocks we enable game teams to iterate quickly while allowing our security team to sleep soundly at night.
- Crash monitoring and analytics. Providing a platform to ensure that game teams identify and address critical bugs in their source code.
- Manage one or more teams of software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and career growth
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Drive product requirements taking an active part in feature implementation
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years working in an engineering leadership position
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience serving in a product ownership role
- Extensive knowledge of GitHub or another git based source control system
- Familiarity with any or all of: Artifactory, Nexus, Sentry
- Entrepreneurial experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles) Base salary range between $170,000 - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue) Base salary range between $170,000 - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).