Travel Network Engineer - Global Esports - Project Stryker, Dublin
Job Id: REQ-0006953
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker to make our missions come to life.
As a Travel Network Engineer in the Esports Technology Group, you will help shape and drive the planning, execution, and maintenance of the network that powers Riot’s esports events around the world. With an understanding that we support both Global and Regional esports so you will need to improve on scalable designs that can be deployed easily in the best of times, or build disaster recovery workflows in the worst of times.
You will be based from Dublin but will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside of EMEA, please note expected travel is required at a minimum of 40% per year.
- Manage networks that power Riot’s global events and competitive environments
- Actively engage other teams to build resilience into the system and across features
- Ensures systems are documented, and that documentation is maintained.
- Actively manage ambiguity within complex and diverse problem spaces, breaking down problems and clearly communicating tradeoffs throughout the development
- Supports global events on-site & remotely
- 3+ years experience with Layer 2/3 networks
- Understanding of Layer 2 switching
- Understanding of network security
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- CCNA/JNCIA certifications or equivalent experience
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching)
- Experience with Palo Alto appliances
- Experience supporting traveling events, roadshows or conferences
- Live Production experience
- Experience implementing layer 3 networks, MPLS, BGP & Pseudowires/L2VPN, Multicast, PIM, IPFM
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Family Bonding leave
- Commuting allowance
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.