Communications Manager, India & South Asia (Contract)
Job Id: 5483
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Communication Manager you will be responsible for building and implementing a communication strategy that engages existing players, brings our games to more new players, and builds the Riot brand across India & South Asia. You will be responsible for public relations: creating a positive, buzz-filled connection with our fan base and establishing a feedback loop with players in the region. To accomplish these objectives, you will work with our agency partners, build deep relationships with media outlets, participate in community events, engage with influencers, and be our voice in the region on social media.
As a Rioter in India, you’ll join a team of bright, motivated individuals who share a passion for delivering world-class player experiences to gamers in the region. This role will report to the Marketing Lead - India & South Asia, and will be based in Mumbai.
- Build our regional communications strategy across India & South Asia, ensuring consistency with Riot's global strategy
- Lead and champion relationships with agencies, editorial publications, influencers, and other media outlets
- Lead and organize events including media tours, media events, and trade shows in India & South Asia
- Develop and approve press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on applicable media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our communications
- Deliver regular updates / reports to the team and stakeholders, informing overall media sentiment and campaign performance.
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Foster relationships with editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Cultivate and promote the Riot culture and values
- 7+ years of Communications experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience in the gaming industry, or is a gamer or a gaming enthusiast
- Experience in building and growing communities and running community events
- Experience in working with agencies and media outlets
- Has implemented successful communications and PR campaigns
- Experience working across India and South Asia
- Demonstrates the Riot values: Player Experience First, Dare to Dream, Thrive Together, Execute with Excellence, and Stay Hungry; Stay Humble.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro