Creative Manager, Indo & MY (Contract)
Job Id: 5485
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
This is a contract role with a limited term reporting to the Marketing Services Manager. You’ll be one of our ambassadors to content creators in Indonesia & Malaysia. You will be responsible for planning and implementing the creative initiatives of Riot’s multi-products in Indonesia & Malaysia. You will enhance the overall Riot brand and ensure successful delivery of creative content and local campaigns by working with various internal teams and third-party creative production & agencies.
Above all else, you appreciate Riot’s player-first philosophy - and how we orient around the goal of being player-focused. You have thoughts about the next rising stars in streaming, and you’re passionate about developing enduring relationships with accomplished creators and players community while connecting them with the things that inspire them.
You'll help build a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming in Indonesia. Together as a team, you’ll create unique player experiences that show Indonesian players they aren't lost in translation.
As a Rioter in Jakarta, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Indonesia & Malaysia is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they are not lost in translation.
- Successfully plan and execute brand and marketing creative initiatives of Riot’s multi-products.
- Drive local creative campaigns that can further bolster the key campaign beats of each product.
- Manage various on/offline creative planning and executions to reinforce player engagement for each product.
- Direct effective project executions with professional creative agencies and productions.
- Lead digital video content productions that not only accurately reflect each product's content marketing strategy but elevate it to a new level.
- Actively monitor the latest content trends and environment to suggest innovative ideas that hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways, especially for the next generation of ID & MY gamers as well as fans of entertainment content.
- Build and lead a team of vendors, contractors and Rioters as well as manage and assess their performance on a day-to-day and annual basis
- Promote and cultivate the internal Riot culture and promote high morale to achieve desired productivity through good working relationships, respect of authority, proactive attitude, and a safe workplace environment.
- Training Rioters about internal Riot company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced: you have 5+ years of related experience, preferably at full service advertising or creative content agency/company.
- Gaming & entertainment market knowledge: you have deep empathy and insights for the wants and needs of the next generation of audiences entering the market.
- Bilingual (English and Bahasa Indonesia speaker): you are fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia with the context to understand and interpret both cultures. Familiarity with Bahasa Melayu is a plus.
- Player-focused: you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of entertainment & gaming in the Philippines; you are ready to put your extensive entertainment & gaming experience to work and build creative content that the Filipino audience wants to see.
- Design Oriented: you must have the capability in working with design tools like but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Premiere/Final Cut, Illustrator, etc; you must also be a visual artist capable of rendering key art and key visuals in accordance with Riot Brand guidelines
- Creative story teller: you have the skill and the passion to craft compelling, authentic, and fresh narratives for gamers. You’re a great storyteller, you know which channels are the best option to captivate your audience.
- People Manager: You have 2+ years of experience in managing people and teams
- Open-minded: You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- Clear communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- 5+ years of related experience at a creative media company, or client-side with a focus on narrative marketing campaigns that build fan love and drive engagement.
- Experience with live events like opening ceremonies show, music show and other creative events in the entertainment industry and esports / sports events.
- Background as a Creative director, Creative Producer.
- Knowledge of games, esports and entertainment, part of a community of gamers, love games and are up to date with relevant new releases on the market.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro