Senior Manager, Game Product Management - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0006951
As a Product Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal and external tools that unlock Riot’s ability to deliver player value. By leading engineers, you’ll drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. You’ll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You’ll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot’s company infrastructure into a highly adaptable, efficient, and effective machine that multiplies Riot’s ability to deliver player value.
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. As a Senior Manager of Game Product on Teamfight Tactics, you will use product leadership capabilities to set the strategy and product vision for players’ around-game experience, creating motivations for players, including competitive and social, to cement Teamfight Tactics as a game that’s fun to learn and engage with for years! You will also establish what success looks like and provide clear plans for the development team to achieve it. You will report to the Director of Product for Teamfight Tactics.
- Define and lead a strategy for your teams to maximize Teamfight Tactics’ new player retention, long term engagement and create a positive player perception
- Identify opportunities and define product requirements that address them
- Determine product success metrics for Teamfight Tactics’ player lifecycle, including measurements, business health goals and player sentiment targets
- Provide clear recommendations to leadership on where and why investments could be made to lead to large-scale improvements
- Guide the team to create better outcomes from better strategic use of existing game systems and components
- Partner with production and craft leaders in your ownership space to organize the daily development efforts of the team and manage planning efforts to ensure delivery against the product roadmap and the game’s overall goals
- Partner with Riot Games’ Esports pillar to create and nurture competitive motivations in Teamfight Tactics that engage a large community of players
- Mentor, grow, and hire product managers and producers for teams within your space
- Minimum of 7 years of experience of relevant industry experience in game product management
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
- Ability to leverage a variety of quantitative & qualitative tools to deeply understand player needs and motivations for a complex group of international player segments
- Experience being the accountable party for efforts with department or company-level impacts. Demonstrated thought leadership across an organization
- Experience promoting talent within your team through coaching
- A commitment to upholding a healthy environment by proactively seeking teammate input, planning sustainably, and managing team and customer expectations
- A deep understanding of TFT and other titles in the strategy genre
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $186,000 USD - $260,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).