Senior Software Engineer, Test - Unpublishing R&D Product
SF Bay Area, USA - Bellevue, USA
Job Id: REQ-0006960
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll deliver systems, tools and features that provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on quality and test automation on an R&D team, you’ll leverage the breadth of your knowledge in these areas in the context of game development to empower the team to deliver an incredible player experience. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
- Work across disciplines to define and implement the technology, methodologies, and mindset needed to deliver an experience that meets our players’ expectations for gameplay with high competitive integrity
- Design, implement, maintain, and extend the test automation systems and tools used to ensure an outstanding player experience for an in-development R&D project
- Lead and contribute to architectural designs across a range of game systems and define standards for test processes and automation
- Collaborate with teams throughout Riot to leverage their expertise and solutions, and help shape the technical direction of Riot’s shared game development ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer focused on quality and testing
- Experience with working with tools, frameworks, and systems for test automation
- Experience creating and maintaining suites of automated tests
- Experience working with build and CI/CD tools and infrastructure
- Understanding of best practices related to test-driven development
- Flexibility and adaptability in applying test methodologies to novel problem spaces
- General experience in game development and game software engineering
- Experience with C#, C++ and game programming
- Experience working with Unreal Engine, notably Gauntlet
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams
- Experience with many of the tools in a game developer’s toolbox, and the curiosity and desire to learn even more of them
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Redwood City only) Base salary range between $156,630 USD - $220,110 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).