Senior Business Strategist, Global Publishing Strategy (Shanghai)
Job Id: REQ-0006966
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing’s core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences, etc.
As Senior Business Strategist, Global Publishing Strategy (Shanghai), you will report to Director, Global Publishing Strategy (Shanghai) and be part of the Global Publishing Strategy & Operations team in Riot’s headquarter in Los Angeles. You will directly partner with China and global publishing teams, working on a variety of global strategic topics including product publishing strategies, publishing capabilities and operating model, audience insights, etc. Your broad strategic skill set and highly collaborative mindset will be crucial in elevating Riot’s global publishing capability to serve our critical audiences more effectively, such as mobile gamers.
Based in our Shanghai office, you will be working closely day to day with our China teams and partners, collaborating deeply with publishing teams around the world, while maintaining a close connection to Riot’s headquarter. This role involves up to 10-15% international travel.
Publishing Strategy & Insights - Serve as an adviser on global publishing strategies and insights, with a focus on leveraging China & APAC best practices
- Develop expertise and insight on publishing best practices from CN/APAC markets（both local publishing and export publishing)
- Drive analytical projects such as audience research and consumer insights that provide critical understanding of Riot’s current and future audiences
- Inform different Riot product’s global publishing strategy with holistic frameworks, audience insights and/or industry know-how
Publishing mobilization - Recommend necessary changes in publishing capabilities, tactics and processes, etc., and collaborate with global team on execution and implementation
- Develop in-depth studies on CN/APAC leading game publishers' capabilities and operation model, including org, process, tools, etc.
- Make recommendations to elevate Riot’s global publishing capability, based on Riot’s product portfolio, strategies, and target audiences across the globe
- Take active part in the global “centers of excellence” that connect the dots between strategy, mobilization and execution
- Bachelor degree with 8+ years experience of related professional experience
- Experience in consulting and/or in-house corporate strategy type of roles
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
- Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Business fluency in English
- Experience working in video game publishing, especially mobile titles
- Experience leading research and analytics projects, e.g. audience insights, industry best practices benchmarking, etc.
- Experience analyzing data sets and familiar with data visualization tools
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree