Player Manager II - Esports, Player Management
Job Id: REQ-0006916
The Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and other Esports involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
The Player Manager will report to the Esports Player Management lead and is accountable for all pro player logistics. The role is responsible for all tasks related to travel, hotels, transportation, staffing list, content, and catering needs and all media-facing aspects of the event. They will work closely with the event manager on executing logistics within the event. They will align with the Line Producer to own specific line items of the budget, and will be expected to autonomously make decisions around how to spend it. They will need to be able to autonomously balance the needs of Pro Players while keeping Riot relationships in mind, and generally be able to think of ways to refine our processes to make them more resource efficient.
- Should be able to make autonomous calls for their line items in the production budget. Responsible for tracking costs for their budget against overall event P&L. Will have decision making authority in setting and enforcing policies for pro players from the production side. Works with Event Manager and vendors we use to fulfill logistical needs, related to hotels, flight restrictions, VISAs, transportation, F&B for pro players.
- Supervise player management coordinators, (contractors), and player/team handlers. Will have pre-production office work leading up to the event. On-site supervision of contract coordinators and vendor staff. Will have hire/fire authority when it comes to the player management coordination team.
- Management of the following categories & subtasks-
- Logistics: Travel Info, Shuttles, Hotel Logistics, Cost Tracking, Badge Distro & Collection, Hotel Practice Rooms
- Tech: Accounts, Filesharing (Audio + Replays), Peripheral Information & Management, Tech Check Day, Venue Ready Rooms, Player Management Crashkit
- Content: Media (Press), Team Content Creators, Features/Documentaries, Sponsorship Obligations, Regional Features Day, Backstage Interview (BSI), Photography
- Schedules: Transportation, IT Support, Catering/Crafty, Make-up, Fan Interation, Draw Show, Rehearsal Schedules
- Communication: Security Briefing, Team Swag, Tickets, FAQ, Gifts, Comms Tools (WhatsApp/Signal)
- Work closely with Competitive Operations on the internal Riot side to develop and execute planning for processes for player management.
- Emergency Management Responsible: Prepare contingency plans in emergency show situations and the resolution of on-site issues by working with the appropriate parties to facilitate a resolution in relation to pro players. Work with our risk and mitigation agencies and individuals (security, covid, health & safety) to ensure plans meet our criteria.
- Future planning: Proactively research and procure deals that reduce costs of event logistics holistically, working with the Event Logistics team and production partners.
- Post event budget actualization with the Line Producer with detailed accuracy of reporting, including but not limited to hotel, airfare, food and beverage and relevant travel costs.
- Team Communication:Act as an ambassador of Riot Esports, gather feedback from the professional players related to emerging issues during competitive events. Respond to the professional players’ and/or team managers’ pressing questions in a timely manner.
- Provide insight on professional team/player behavior to Riot’s internal teams to help decision making on esports events.
- Live event experience managing/coordinating multiple teams in multiple roles.
- Communication skills between multiple team members around the world is a key component of this job. Must be clear and concise. Some delegations will also benefit from a clear communicator.
- Attention to detail, cost tracking and budget consciousness are a must.
- 3+ years work experience as in event logistics.
- Experience creating tools, developing timelines, and policies.
- Experience in hospitality is a plus.
- Experience in sports management is a plus.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $99,000 USD - $139,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).