E-commerce Manager, Consumer Products and Expression, China Entertainment
Job Id: REQ-0006979
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As part of the China Consumer Products and Expression team, this E-commerce Manager will be responsible for consumer products and expression e-commerce(Tmall, JD, etc.) channel strategy setup as well as campaign/promotion/event planning and operations. This role will lead TP and partner closely with Riot internal teams to achieve the revenue target and related business KPI. Manage traffic to platform stores, leveraging brand investment and platform resources to win 365 daily business and Key commercial events in the ecosystem. You need to extend product campaigns and deliver engaging contents to marketplaces in an integrated and cohesive way. This role will require close collaboration with multiple teams located in China and HQ. You will also work with stakeholders from Publishing, Esport teams, teams from other regions and external partners to support ad-hoc online events for merchandise experience requests.
You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and fans to the next level. You spell team with 'we'. You will ensure all the experience and engagement with players in an authentic, player‐focused way. Your insights and ability to connect with players will help us build advocacy and passion around our merch business. You also need a clear mindset of P&L to ensure we can strategically deliver sustainable and healthy merchandise experience to players in the long term.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- Define e-commerce(especially Tmall) channel promotion plan/budget plan/content plan to deliver best-in-class brand experience and annual target.
- Work with relevant peers to plan and execute e-Commerce communication and promotions according to different e-Commerce channel’s specific rhythm, setting communication and promotion plans for e-Commerce platforms according to ROI target.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with e-Commerce distributors and platforms including business negotiation according to aligned e-Commerce pricing strategy & channel strategy.
- Accountable for resource negotiation with platforms and access business opportunities through new initiatives and new trails working with platforms.
- Manage TP to control the campaign quality and schedules to meet Riot standards and achieve the campaign performance.
- Manage TP to control the content quality and schedules to meet Riot standard and well engaged with the product team to consolidate the merchant and KOLs to deliver the sales result.
- Provide regular performance recap and share insight to drive quick read and react.
- Bachelor degree or above
- Minimum 5 years’ E-Commerce experience, 3+ years Tmall e-commerce experience.
- Proven experience on leading Tmall e-commerce platform campaigns.
- Proven communication experience with Tmall platform.
- Has a strong understanding of China Digital and E-Commerce ecosystem.
- Has a good understanding of digital marketing channels.
- Experience in managing TP including operation and customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of online consumer insights.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; able to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Collectible, toys, and other IP based consumer products experience is a plus.
- Ability to consult on cross-functional projects to ensure e-commerce principles are incorporated.
- Must be motivated, highly organized, flexible and results oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passionate about League of Legends and/or other games is a plus.
- Able to travel when required.