Business Operations Lead, China Esports Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0006985
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
As Business Operations Lead, China Esports Publishing, you'll report to the Senior Manager, China Esports Publishing and be part of the Global Esports Publishing team. You will directly collaborate with the global Esports publishing and Esports product team to form strategies and deliver products. Your work will drive retention and activeness growth while exploring commercial impacts.
- Discover business opportunities to grow community activeness, player engagement, and ecosystem revenue with Esports synergies
- Lead research and analytic program to deliver strategy recommendations
- Conduct operational projects across disciplines and be responsible for final engagement/revenue/sentiment results
- Drive analysis and iteration plan for the long-term success of our Esports retention and in-game revenue performance
- Act as a mentor for team members on strategy and execution level
- 3+ years experience in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
- Experience leading operating model projects for a complex organization
- Experience working with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience leading projects in the video game industry
- 1+ years of management experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!