Esports Product Manager VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006986
Esports is changing shape every year at a fast pace, and since its launch we were sure VALORANT would be a genre defining FPS game and esports. With the fast growth of VALORANT esports scenes, Brazil has also been the stage for a transformation in esports, with a growing ecosystem of teams and partners supporting Riot to grow the sport and create creative, sustainable and leading products and operations. Identifying strategic opportunities to allow and support VALORANT esports growth, building a successful sports ecosystem for long-term development and ensuring a focus on Brazilian fans and esports communities when developing products - this is what we aim when we look for a VALORANT Esports Product Manager (or Esports Product Lead III as it's known internally).
- The VALORANT Esports Product Manager will lead in the strategies for VALORANT esports to keep on its growth
- You will new local ecosystems (professional, semi professional, amateur), and support the global ecosystem growth with the local perspective of our region.
- You will work on new strategies and come up with creative products that redefine the experience and lead sustainability.
- You will find the right cooperation between game and esports, and work closely with all partners, across multiple teams including product and publishing, to create engaging features and redefine the viewing experience of future sports.
- You will use data and main metrics to guide insights about the performance of Riot esports.
- You have 5+ years experience in esports, entertainment or traditional sports programs
- You are passionate about esports and you have a good knowledge of FPS esports fan community
- You good experience in project management
- Create and maintain a product portfolio, consolidating strategy and KPIs for each VALORANT esports product and be responsible for its performance analysis.
- You know how to create product strategies for the different ecosystems, identify audience requirements, product requirements and delivery plans that will go from product conceptualization to implementation and performance tracking.
- Work in partnership with other esports leaders (content, broadcast, operations, and league ops) to adjust product plans and strategies to viable products and operations, identifying main requirements and outcomes. To support this partnerships, must be conversationally adept in the components that make up an esports program.
- Be able to identify third-party potential partnerships (from tournament organizers to more specific players in the VALORANT esports ecosystem), negotiate and manage collaborative esports programs
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to use or improve our programs
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!