Lead Game Producer, Distributed Development, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006984
Riot Sydney is looking for an experienced Senior Production Manager to join the Sydney-based VALORANT team.
Managers of Production lead teams, initiatives and products from conception through launch and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to product vision, have a deep understanding of player/customer needs, competitors and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality and time to predictably deliver at a high-quality bar for players.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!).
As a Senior Manager, Game Production on the Sydney VALORANT team you will help Riot deliver a first-in-class in-game e-sports experience to our players.
You will ensure a smooth co-development effort between Sydney-based teams and the head studio in Los Angeles. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you track progress, deliver content/features, and organize priorities and goals. You will work with designers and engineers to provide genre-defining experiences to our players.
- Directly manage and grow team-level producers' craft and capabilities
- Drive strategic work alignment between area and project objectives
- Create and drive area (multiple teams) work systems and support broad improvements
- Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Accountable for the evolution of the Sydney hub production craft
- The team has a predictable and measurable capacity to work through
- Ensure team health, culture, and efficiency
- Maintain a healthy Co-development distributed environment
- 8+ years experience in software/game development
- 4+ years in a leadership position
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and frameworks
- Experience in the game industry or knowledge of the video game industry
- Experience in creating metrics and data-driven improvement loops
- Agile certifications concerning scaling Scrum and Kanban methodology
- Proven ability to work using established prioritization methods
At Riot we strongly believe in work / life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun, we have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that’s not all we offer, there’s also:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
- Wellbeing Reimbursement
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development opportunities