Staff Software Engineer, Console - Unpublished Fighting Game
Los Angeles, USA - Bellevue, USA
Job Id: REQ-0007014
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer focused on console development on Project L, you will use your understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while helping us prepare and deliver our game to consoles. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, and explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players. As we grow, you will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development.
- Work with technology and product leadership to develop and implement our console development strategy
- building, optimizing and maintaining our game on consoles
- Participate in and guide technical design and implementation
- Contribute substantially to the codebase
- Create quality and maintainable code
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams
- 6+ years of game development experience, having shipped at least one multiplatform game
- Experience with console platform integration
- Excellent knowledge of common game and software design patterns
- Strong ability to collaborate with teammates across multiple initiatives and disciplines
- Product sense and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience shipping multigenerational console titles
- Affinity for the fighting game genre
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and optimization techniques
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Redwood City only) Base salary range between $186,185 USD - $260,705 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).