Manager, Software Engineering - Unpublished Fighting Game
Los Angeles, USA - Bellevue, USA
Job Id: REQ-0007013
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Engineering Manager on Project L, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager, overseeing a small team of engineers on an early stage product. You will be accountable for all technical decisions and help shape the product. In addition to leading the team, you will be hands-on in implementation.
- Manage a group of 4-7 software engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
- Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
- Be accountable for the technical health of product and taking an active part in its implementation
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
- Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
- 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer working in a game development team
- 3+ years as an Engineering Manager leading a team of 3+ engineers
- 3+ year(s) as a tech lead guiding the direction and implementation of a game
- Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
- Experience participating in technical discussions such as technical design reviews and code reviews
- Experience with game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience with C++ and Golang
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Redwood City only) Base salary range between $186,185 USD - $260,705 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).