Principal Brand Manager - Global Marketing, Game Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0006996
Brand Management at Riot is focused on our players and fans. Our philosophy is to make it better to be a player: Brand at Riot exists to ensure player trust, inspire fandom and provide meaningful experiences for everything we do in our portfolio.
As a Principal Brand Manager for League of Legends (PC), you will be a senior strategic partner across product, creative, production, community, channels, operations, and regions to lead the strategy, creation, and deployment of industry-leading campaigns. Your work will evolve global perception of the brand and create resonant experiences for our players that complement the product.
- Lead strategic key global product branding initiatives and present the brand's development to relevant partners and senior executive stakeholders.
- Craft best-in-class campaign briefs, develop go-to-market plans, and define the player journey to guide global campaign execution and lead League of Legends marketing beats throughout the year across various sizes of investment.
- Provide strategic direction on player activations to support creative innovation and ensure delivery of global marketing materials is on message and brand.
- Establish data-informed goals, research programs, and measurement plans in partnership with Insights teams to achieve player and performance targets for campaigns and identify further actions based on findings.
- Partner with senior stakeholders and Development leadership to identify and act against shared opportunities and outcomes.
- Collaborate with regional teams to develop global activations that allow for local expressions.
- 10+ years experience in brand strategy, brand building, campaign management or agency equivalent role.
- Expertise in planning, developing, and executing successful strategy briefs, brand activations, and consumer-led campaigns across a wide array of channels and budgets.
- Experience influencing marketing and product leaders and collaborating across multiple teams.
- Experience working with strategists, creatives, and external agencies/partners to develop a brand identity.
- An understanding of brand marketing metrics and the tactics employed to improve them.
- Intimate knowledge of the fast-moving global games marketing landscape, current competition, innovations, trends and how they impact our business.
- Experience optimizing marketing activations across multiple channels.
- Experience working on cultural brands and lifestyle marketing that serve passionate audiences and fanbases.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize and stay organized in a fast-moving environment.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $156,400 USD - $219,300 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.