Concept Artist, Weapons - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0007008
As a Concept Artist II at Riot you will bring weapons and props to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will come up with visual solutions for game concepts, in-game content, and world building. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Concept Artist on the VALORANT Premium Content team, you are responsible for creating and improving weapons for Riot’s brand new AAA titles. You will keep the players experience in mind as you work across disciplines to help build foundational ideas and concepts for one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new ideas to life.
- Consistently deliver solid craft quality
- Work with Team and Art Leads to ensure concept outputs meet quality bar
- Ensure all concepts meet constraints / requirements of game needs
- Craft detailed concept art and orthographs for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets
- Consistently adheres to style guides
- Work within the Team to uphold cohesion and vision of art quality bar
- Provide outsource feedback and spec definition up to 25-30% of allocated time, through syncs with outsource managers, paintovers and remote calls as necessary
- Professional experience creating stylized 2d artwork
- Skilled in the creation of 3D block models to support concept work
- Strong linework and rendering skills
- Experience concepting weapons for first person shooters
- Experience creating previs VFX concepts
- Ability to illustrate images used for promotional or in game art
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience creating 2d illustrated flipbooks
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $102,000 USD - $143,200 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $102,000 USD - $143,200 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.