Senior Manager, Insights - TFT/LoL
Job Id: REQ-0007021
Senior Manager, Publishing Insights (League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics)
At Riot, we deliver unforgettable gaming, esports, and entertainment experiences to our fans around the world. Publishing is how we connect with those players, and Publishing teams focus on creating harmonized, holistic experiences around and across our entire product portfolio. Core capabilities include marketing, strategy, commercial partnerships, community, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
Publishing Insights is a team of business strategists and researchers that sits within Publishing Strategy & Operations, focused on deepening Riot’s understanding of how to connect with players and fans. As Sr. Manager, Insights on this team, you will serve as the voice of our players and fans in critical and complex business discussions. You will work across the entire organization to conduct studies and lead strategic projects that inform Publishing tactics, systems, and experiences with a focus on League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics.
Your strong background in insights, research, and audience strategy will ensure that you're an advocate for fans and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors. You will lead a pod of researchers and analysts to run research and reporting across a range of methods and capabilities, including market analysis, player surveys, focus groups, segmentation models, and more. You will report directly to the Head of Publishing Insights.
Audience Research and Development
- Partner closely with the heads of Publishing’s Product and Brand teams to shape respective Publishing audience strategies for League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics through research into Riot’s players, fans, and marketplace, including audience identification, analysis, and prioritization
- Work with Publishing leadership to determine research needs, create research studies using the appropriate methodologies to meet those needs, and present results back to leadership
- Grow our knowledge of audience motivations, behaviors, and demographics outside of our gaming products through qualitative and quantitative research
- Partner with Product teams to design and run multi-factor audience segmentation and prioritize Publishing’s audience targets
- Create and lead regular collaboration audience strategy and insights rituals (e.g., working sessions, knowledge sharing, insights training, etc.)
- Partner with other data and insights teams across Riot to design hypothesis-backed experiments that measure the attributable impact of Publishing activities on business performance metrics
- Partner cross-functionally with Business Intelligence and data teams to analyze and visualize research findings and reports
- Oversee creation and delivery of weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports
- Lead and grow a pod of 2-3 researchers and analysts that can deliver insights and improve the performance of our product
- Manage 3rd party research vendor projects, timelines, markets, budgets, and incorporating findings into actions that can be applied to our roadmap
- Support the professional development of senior analysts and researchers in their craft, provide performance management, and council on career growth
- 8+ years (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) experience in consumer insights, research, business strategy, management consulting, product management, or related experience
- 3+ years experience directly managing a team
- Professional experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research methods, including interviews or ethnography, hypothesis generation, survey design, sampling methods, fielding, data cleaning, analysis, and insights presentation
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships with peers and senior leaders
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consumer insights, research, or audience strategy
- Proficiency with statistical tools (SPSS, R, etc.)
- Applied experience with data analysis of research datasets, such as clustering analysis (k-means or latent class), basic regressions, or similar
- Experience working with common self-serve insights and data platforms, such as AppAnnie, GlobalWebIndex, NewZoo, NPD, or YouGov
- Experience working with global teams across diverse cultures
- Deep knowledge of - or professional experience in - gaming industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $175,600.00 - $244,700.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.