Senior Strategic Finance Manager
Job Id: REQ-0007066
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Senior Strategic Finance Manager, you'll report to the Head of CN Strategic Finance. You'll assist with all aspects of our operations to ensure the healthiness of China’s business. You'll partner with Strategic Finance from other pillars and regions to build relevant strategic and financial plans for Riot China, monitor performance against plans, and support China leaders and stakeholders on their strategic and business decisions. You will also take part in the implementation and improvements to financial systems or processes to support better decision-making. Your financial craft expertise and management experience, coupled with an understanding of the gaming and entertainment industry, will help you work with and help many teams across Riot China. As you improve your understanding of Riot China’s business, you should be able to provide more dimensions of financial insights based on business needs, which should ultimately support China leadership’s business decisions.
- Virtual P&L/Management Reporting
- Build up management reports for stakeholders and CN leaders to reflect business performance, look into business insights from financial data
- Build up virtual P&L by different dimensions, to support CN leaders understand the healthiness of their business
- Build up CN level forecasting models, prepare financial analysis to support CN strategic decisions
- Monitor variance to forecast actively and advise business partners on appropriate actions
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting(SPF):
- Work with team members and stakeholders on annual budget for different BU/Game/Event
- Manage strategic plans and forecasts by translating strategic goals/OKR/KPI into financials
- Consolidate budgets of different BU/Game/Event make sure it’s aligned with CN strategic goals
- Other Financial Support:
- Provide financial advice to business partners on large investments and help them develop business case
- Assist central stakeholders to understand local business operations and financial impacts
- Responsible for managing cost allocations, financial coding setup and assignment
- Communicate with stakeholders to support financial needs and alignment on financial process, drive re-allocation of resources whenever needed
- Coordination with accounting/tax/legal teams and third party service provider on accounting treatments on special cases
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in FP&A or management accounting, minimum of 4 years experience at consolidation level
- Good business discernment and ability to generate practical insights and recommendations when facing ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to craft reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- FP&A experience and solid accounting foundation with ability to translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Positive, collaborative, can do attitude
- Curious, detail-oriented and creative
- Experience in gaming or entertainment industry is a plus
- Passion in game or esports
- Financial qualifications such as CMA/CGMA/CFA is a plus