Senior Principal Insights Analyst, Central Strategic Insights
Job Id: REQ-0007068
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Sr. Principal Insights Analyst on Central Strategic Insights team, you will leverage deep expertise in game analytics to help our games deeply understand their products & players and to level up this craft across the portfolio of games at Riot. You'll partner with leaders on game teams across the portfolio and lifecycle as well as executives overseeing Riot’s entire games portfolio. You’ll conduct a wide range of complex analysis to help us understand the health of our products, players, and game experiences either individually or in partnership with analysts on game teams. You’ll help to define and elevate craft standards across the portfolio and guide discipline investments to help unlock the full capacity of analysts working on games.
- Tackle the most complex & impactful game analytics problems across the Riot Games portfolio including cross-game analytics, product health deep dives, and highly specialized design analytics questions
- Mentor and develop game analysts across the portfolio
- Work with central and game teams to drive consistency and/or efficiency in key reports, recurring or one-off analyses, and shared design/strategy analytic lenses.
- Be a critical stakeholder for teams developing underlying data infrastructure meant to serve the needs of game analysts
- Uphold game analytics craft standards across the pillar, ensuring rigor and consistency / comparability
- Drive improvements on tools & processes to maximize analysts efficiency and effectiveness
- Support game leadership on staffing and workforce management for game analytics across the pillar
- Partner with department leadership to ensure the craft of game analytics is well-supported across the pillar & Riot overall
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline plus at least 10 years of relevant experience (an advanced degree can account for up to 2 years of experience)
- 3+ years experience working directly in analytics on games
- Analytical expertise across the entire stack (Tableau, SQL, Python/Pyspark)
- Meaningful familiarity with game design/direction and product strategy
- Experience conducting analytics to answer product or portfolio strategy questions
- Experience synthesizing & socializing analytics results and distilling results into impactful recommendations for product leadership
- Excellent cultivator of stakeholder relationships, adept in collaboration and building trust while influencing and motivating Rioters at all levels organization-wide
- Agile navigator experienced in leading complex projects which require coordinating multi-party workstreams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $210,200.00 - $315,700.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.