Senior Technical Producer - R&D Core Technology Team
SF Bay Area, USA - Bellevue, USA
Job Id: REQ-0007094
Technical Producers guide teams in creating player value through agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on continuous improvement. We're interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
As the Senior Technical Producer for the Core Tech team, you will report into the team’s Engineering Lead. Core Tech is a central team within the R&D Office in charge of building the development ecosystem for our teams in prototyping and pre-production phases. We support multiple game genres and are invested in expanding the capabilities of Unreal Engine 5. You will coordinate delivery of features across multiple initiatives. You'll work with producers and technical leaders across multiple initiatives to ensure that Core Tech’s strategy and delivery is aligned with the needs of its customers, our players and Riot. Given the technical nature of the group’s work, a successful candidate combines a technical background with a broad development methodology toolkit.
- Ensure teams have clear work systems that accurately track and deliver on production efforts
- Audit existing development processes and bolster them to ensure sustainability and predictability for deliveries
- Make work & progress against initiative goals visible to R&D Office Leadership and partners
- Maintain the road-map and perform change management - commitments, backlog, matching work to capacity, optimizing slower development loops, and highlighting risks
- Accountable for dependency management and delivery risk management
- Accountable for team efficacy metrics
- Manage overall group health from a process perspective
- You have a deep toolkit of development methodology, and are experienced enough to adapt to new situations.
- 5+ years of experience leading technical projects on medium to large teams using methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of managing competing priorities to deliver the right value for customers
- You emphasize collaboration, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and understanding of basic programming concepts
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Redwood City only) Base salary range between $195,500.00 - $273,800.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.