Senior Narrative Writer - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0007073
As Narrative Writers at Riot, we work in an interdisciplinary environment with designers, artists, and engineers to bring our ideas to life. We use our creative skills to collaboratively expand the world and introduce characters that resonate with players and enhance their gameplay experience.
As a Senior Narrative Writer on Legends of Runeterra (LoR), you will report into LoR’s game director. You’ll work to create card sets (made up of Champions, followers, spells and various other card types), as well as create Champion skins, cosmetics, seasonal updates and events. Your closest collaborators will be Art and Design, and you’ll also work with Production, Audio, and Localization to create memorable, compelling characters in a digital card game space. You’ll also work cross-collaboratively with Narrative writers and editors on other Riot products to deliver cohesive Riot-wide experiences for players.
- Write for Legends of Runeterra products in collaboration with Art, Design and the Creative Lead
- Partner with artists and designers in creating authentic interpretations of both existing champions and characters within the Runeterra IP, as well as new, original characters
- Support other writers by sharing best practices, elevating Narrative quality on LoR, and contributing as a community member
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience delivering quality work across a variety of creative disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring others
- Familiarity with CCGs (digital or physical)
- Familiarity with the Runeterra IP and Skins universes
- Experience working with external partners and giving and receiving feedback
- Experience developing characters and narratives for games, especially VO and flavor text
- BA in English, History, Narrative Design, or other narrative fields (or equivalent experience)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and prioritizing the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
To be considered for the role, you will be asked to provide samples of your work.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $124,900.00 - $175,600.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.