Content Operations Lead
Job Id: REQ-0007113
As a Content Operations Lead (or Content Producer III as it's known internally), you'll join our Media House Content Services team and oversee the content needs for our esports. You’ll serve as the main Riot point of contact for our content needs and work alongside other groups within Content Operations to develop cohesive strategies and manage the execution of video, social, design and digital assets & campaigns for your product.
The Content Operations Lead can take brand and product objectives and transform them into a creative and strategic programming schedule. You’ll be accountable for budget forecasts with internal partners and should successfully execute your content plan within expected costs and quality. You'll liaise between Media House departments, work with internal and external partners (localization, trafficking, business development, press, photography, game ops, competitive ops, etc), and lead cross-functional teams. You may manage vendor and contractor relationships as required.
You should be a confident leader, frequently operating within a growth mindset and able to get the best out of others. As you build your plans, you are able to recognize good ideas no matter their source and shepherd pitches through our greenlight process from concept to execution. You should operate with flexibility and allow key data insights to shape your perspective and plans accordingly.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports enthusiasts you will create great player experiences in and around all our esports titles.
- Develop creative & strategic vision for the brand’s always on and promotional content
- Initiate and operationalize Brand & Product objectives and strategy into concrete content programming
- Create processes with our vendors to efficiently produce assets of various mediums
- Lead highly impactful collaborations with the other branches of the content team in order to develop best practices and review cycles of key assets
- Develop, lead and shepherd content pitches through the greenlight process
- Accountable for staying within budget
- Plan, create, and manage all content types for channels
- Lead internal partners including Insights, Comms, Product & Publishing to strategize and craft compelling campaigns to address overarching goals and objectives and speak to our fan experience
- You are able to assess a rapidly changing landscape and adapt and adjust content programming based on feedback and analytics as needed
- Oversee day-to-day content needs of the MH as assigned
- Manage and own an editorial and programming calendar
- Develop, build and execute 360 campaign planning with product and partners
- Oversee and lead teams of vendors/partners and internal staff to ensure content is delivered on time, budget and to expected quality and scope
- Serve as the escalation point for internal Riot stakeholders and vendors/partners and be able to work to a successful resolution
- Lead budget and SPF conversations with Product and Media House leads to create a holistic budget and guide cost reconciliation
- Working with internal partners negotiate costs and approve the booking of resources, equipment and suppliers
- Partner with our third-party vendors/internal partners to understand their workflows and determine the best way to integrate them into our operational models
- Facilitation between Riot stakeholders and external vendors/partners
- Organize and manage pro teams to understand their goals and content plans and incorporate those into our own calendar
- Oversee and manage VALORANT teams to ensure they’re completing the content related items required of them by league policies as well as tracking completion to set success criteria
- You have at least 5 years experience with creating and managing content calendars and have a strong understanding of what it takes to create key assets
- Know how to take on large products with multiple stakeholders and touchpoints
- You have excellent leadership capabilities and know how to get the best from people
- You know how to follow a process but also know how to evaluate current processes and make changes for the better.
- You have experience working on multiple time-sensitive projects at the same time
- You are solution-driven and are able to come up with out-of the-box fixes for complex problems
- Good understanding of the esports & gaming industry
- The capacity to develop and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- The ability to maintain multiple projects, adjust priorities and plan quickly as needs arise
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Family Bonding leave
- Commuting and Travel allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness/Gym allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!