Technical Product Manager III - Tech Foundations, UI
Job Id: REQ-0007163
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative internal and external tools that unlock Riot’s ability to deliver player value. By leading engineers, you’ll drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. You’ll meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production. You’ll do all of this in service of an ambitious transformation of Riot’s company infrastructure into a highly adaptable, efficient and effective machine that multiplies Riot’s ability to deliver player value.
As a Technical Product Manager III on the Hextech Player Experience Team, you'll join a multi-discipline team focused on improving the UI (user interface) development experience for artists, designers, and engineers for League of Legends and TFT. You will lead a team that works closely with those groups to build and deliver work designed to increase the speed and quality of creators and developers delivering player experiences. You will guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience (game team artists, engineers, and designers) needs in UI development workflows. You will report to the Sr Manager of Product Management of the Hextech Engine initiative in League Studio.
- Establish and refine the team's vision in addition to driving the organization and delivery of the team's feature work
- Collaborate with game/feature teams working in the UI design & tech space to develop and deliver workflow improvements and pave the way for more efficient development
- Prioritize work for the team on an ongoing basis and make important on-the-ground calls to keep the team moving
- Run day to day team production operation and development processes for the team
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Partner with the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead to develop the technical product vision and development strategy for the team
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Development Manager on medium to large teams working on complex technical problems
- Experience working as a delivery lead in combination with product management
- Experience setting product direction and driving execution of projects
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes and practices
- Experience working with teams building software for internal users (artists, engineers, designers)
- Experience working on live games or services operating at global scale
- Experience managing platform-oriented software products
- Background in web application development
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configurations, and limitations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.