Technical Producer II - League Studio, Game Engine
Job Id: REQ-0007159
As Technical Producers at Riot, we lead passionate technical teams to create products and experiences to achieve maximum developer and player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Technical Producer in the Tools & Engine space, you will support multiple teams delivering the core set of tools and engine capabilities used in the development of League Studio games. You will be the custodian of strong delivery processes internal to the teams and ensure that collaboration with external teams runs smoothly. You will oversee product roadmaps, delivery, building work systems, maintaining execution, and providing leadership with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves. You will report to the Operations Lead of the Game Engine department within the Tech Foundations group.
- Run day to day team production, operation and development processes for the Graphics and Player Experience teams
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Increase efficiency in how we do development through simplification and standardization
- Partner with the Engineering Manager, Technical Lead and Product Lead to drive the development strategy for the team
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- 4+ years experience in game development working with artists, engineers, and game designers to build assets and game features for a modern game
- Excellent team leadership, ability to refine technical product vision
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes such as Scrum, Kanban, or Extreme Programming
- Experience working with teams building game engines or gameplay features
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations
- Understand product management and how to navigate around constraints while finding balanced solutions
- Experience working with teams building software for internal users
- Experience working with teams building content creation tools
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $140,100.00 - $195,700.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.