Program Manager, LoL Esports APAC (Contract)
Job Id: 5537
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and VALORANT. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the Esports Pillar is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As the Program Manager, LoL Esports APAC, you will contribute to, and execute the vision for LoL Esports in APAC and ensure successful delivery of events and content by working with global and local esports and publishing teams, as well as third-party operators. Reporting directly to the Head of League of Legends Esports, SEA, you will collaborate with various functional teams to deliver holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans, and esports organizations in the LoL Esports APAC ecosystem.
As part of the Riot Singapore team, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Support our operations across all territories, especially Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand
- Drive the sourcing, onboarding and management of external tournament operators and other vendors and partners throughout the region, including sharing guidelines, quality control, feedback and support
- Prepare and present insights, reports, and recommendations to senior stakeholders as necessary
- Champion programs related to the development of the ecosystems; including tier 2 development leagues, champions queue, or performance based subsidy models
- Act as a liaison between competitive operations, events, broadcast production, business development, marketing, and regional leadership to ensure LoLEsports programs are delivered as planned
- 2+ years of experience in program management or account management in esports, games, entertainment, tech, and traditional sports industries
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing external and remote teams or a large scale project involving numerous contributors
- Experience outsourcing work to tournament organizers, production companies, and/or broadcasters
- Located in Singapore
- Fluency in a second language used in SEA is a plus
- Strong understanding of LoL Esports history in APAC is a plus