Senior Concept Artist (Environment) - League
Job Id: REQ-0007207
As a Senior Environment Concept Artist at Riot on League of Legends team you will bring new worlds, creatures, and characters to life. Elaborating from a napkin sketch or narrative concept, you will produce visual designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. Using your understanding of architecture, world building, terrain and prop design, you will stretch the limits while maintaining clear art direction. You will participate in craft review sessions to give, and receive feedback on the work.
- Sketch, brainstorm, and refine ideas through concepts for gameplay, environments, props, user interface elements, and characters.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary pod with product owners, game designers, animators, artists, and writers.
- Work with your team to create gameplay pitches that convey mechanics and environmental thematics.
- Develop detailed concept art, paint-overs, storyboards, and orthographic concepts for 3D artists, and animators.
- Participate in Playtest sessions.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Concept Artist.
- Proficiency with painting and drawing tools such as Photoshop.
- Understanding of colors, shading and value structure.
- Experience creating designs using inspiration from historical, fantasy, sci-fi, mainstream trends, and other pop-culture references.
- Experience designing content for isometric camera views.
- Affinity for Runeterra IP or a general knowledge of League of Legends.
- Experience with broad appeal vs niche aesthetics.
- Wide range of pop-culture knowledge: anime, games, movies, and graphic novels.
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,700.00 - $176,200.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.