Technical Product Manager III - Player Platform, Play Services
Job Id: REQ-0007205
Technical Product Managers combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot Games to deliver key products and supporting systems to players. You will develop and execute development strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to deliver creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As Technical Product Manager on the Riot Play Services team you will help pave the road for a new generation of games and entertainment experiences across the globe. Your vision and leadership will help Riot Games to launch the next wave of games and unlock game development for new types of games (R&D, 2nd party and internal game team competitive partners). You will report to the production lead for Riot Metagame Systems.
- Develop the technical product vision and development strategy for Riot’s Play Services ecosystem and services based on game and player needs
- Manage all essential customer and partner relationships including game teams and other internal Riot teams that will integrate with the system
- Manage the product team backlog, product road map, oversee improvement process, and scrum ceremonies for the team
- Manage important requirements, customer and partner communications, and ensure the product team is aligned with Riot's goals
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and Goals with all core customers
- Partner and collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Technical Leads on Riot Play Services to align on the product and technical plan the team executes against.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable on services / API technical product teams
- Understand API-based products, primary components and of customer experience (developer experience)
- Excellent team leadership, ability to refine technical product vision
- Understand operational and development challenges and conflict resolution techniques
- Hands-on experience leading agile (scrum) teams
- Familiarity with game loop and competitive gameplay services
- Background in development of cloud based services, operations, or infrastructure and with knowledge of the space in data science and machine learning
- Understand product management and how to navigate around constraints while finding balanced solutions
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.