Job Id: REQ-0007215
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. Delivering a stable and adaptable foundation is difficult as it can change as quickly as the meta. However, this isn’t your traditional corporate IT job where you are siloed into a single specialty and expected to churn out the same product in repetition. We are the backbone of delivering towards our consistent dream of being “Player Experience First.” Our Purchasing Specialists are flexible, adaptable, and voracious in their pursuit of developing new processes that give us the ability to scale, while growing in their expertise. They are advisors, innovators, and only satisfied when they are delivering value above expectations.
As an IT Buyer at Riot Games, you will procure hardware, software, and other technology products for the IT department. Working closely with other IT team members, you will develop procurement strategies that ensure timely delivery of quality products at competitive prices. You will be an expert in our purchasing process, administering requirements for all orders and advising on forecasts.
Collaborating with accounts payable, finance, and product owners, you will oversee the entire purchasing process, including finding and selecting vendors, completing purchase requests, and ensuring optimal pricing and terms. Your educational background, unbridled ambition, and keen attention to contractual details will help you make the best procurement decisions possible. This role is based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the Manager, Information Technology.
- Develop and execute procurement strategies for hardware, software, and other technology products that align with Riot Games' business objectives.
- Collaborate with IT staff to understand their technology needs and provide recommendations for products that meet their requirements.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and negotiate pricing and terms to ensure optimal pricing and terms for Riot Games.
- Manage vendor relationships and monitor performance to ensure that vendors meet Riot Games' expectations for quality, delivery, and service.
- Work with partners to forecast procurement needs and maintain appropriate inventory levels, minimizing last-minute purchases.
- Analyze spend data to identify cost savings opportunities and provide recommendations to reduce costs while maintaining quality.
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures, providing guidance and assistance to internal customers observing company policies.
- Monitor market trends and stay current on technology products and pricing to inform purchasing decisions.
- Support the Finance team and internal customers to execute and ship Purchase Orders by coordinating deliverables, seeking approvals, and removing bottlenecks across the diverse partners to provide a seamless purchase-to-pay process.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance and identify candidates for Riot Games' preferred suppliers list.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including evaluating current processes, assisting with system testing, facilitating cross-training exercises, supporting month-end activities, etc.
- Proficiency in using Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience partnering/negotiating with vendors.
- Familiarity with procurement best practices and market trends.
- Proficiency with procurement software.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a purchasing or IT role or equivalent education.
- Familiarity with spend management systems.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification.
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $34.66 - $48.32 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.