Principal Strategic Alliances Manager
Job Id: REQ-0007211
Strategic Alliances, part of Riot’s Commercial Partnerships organization (RCP), oversees the development and stewardship of strategic and complex commercial partnerships across all of Riot Games products and pillars, by establishing and building relationships with partners which are profitable and beneficial to all parties, especially our players.
As Principal Strategic Alliances Manager, you will report to the Head of Strategic Alliances, and will partner with a variety of stakeholders across the organization at different levels, including the Chief Commercial Officer, to understand our needs and promote those goals through tailored strategic partnerships. You will focus on strategic partnerships from end to end - including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations, and post-deal integration.
You will lead prioritization and close strategic partnerships across Riot Games. You will work on high value, high complexity spaces (such as platform integrations and new B2B monetization products), be on the ground floor of a newly formed organization, and oversee holistic corporate-wide partnerships opportunities. You will bring a flexible and creative spirit, solving complex strategic problems and building agreements across Riot's organization and external partners. With Riot being a global business, you will also travel domestically and internationally, approx. 10-20% of the time.
- Manage strategic partnerships – including research, evaluation, recommendation, modeling, negotiations, and contract closing
- Develop an understanding of partner's goals and translate that understanding into a unique value proposition that a partnership with Riot Games can provide
- Design and lead rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to drive towards recommended strategic partnership models
- Manage internal stakeholders across products, engineering, publishing, Riot operations and platform teams in the evaluation and structuring of partnerships
- Work with the account management team on post-deal integration plan (e.g., technical roadmaps, marketing asset creation, performance reporting)
- Develop written and visual presentation materials for Riot's executive team
- Work with Finance and RCP Strategy to manage the value creation pipeline and forecast
- Expand and enhance existing partner relationships, including working closely with the Platform Partnerships team
- Become deeply knowledgeable in the organization, with a focus on our games
- Lead efforts to identify KPIs in collaboration with the Commercial and Business Intelligence teams to measure the effectiveness of B2B initiatives
- Create partnerships that are both inventive and best-in-class, and deliver meaningful value to Riot
- 8+ years in consulting, business development, corporate development or a similar function
- Experience negotiating complex partnerships across multiple organizational verticals that deliver maximum value to the enterprise and our partner
- Experience operating effectively in a matrixed organization while collaborating with multiple teams
- Extensive experience with deal evaluation, financial modeling, and framework development with experience on multiple closed transactions
- Refined skills in developing and delivering compelling presentations to senior executives
- Core understanding of data and analytics and principles behind data science, utilizing data to improve results
- Master of Business Administration Degree
- 3+ years in Management Consulting or in Corporate Strategy roles in other companies
- Experience in Entertainment, Sports, or High-tech industries
- Experience in designing and shipping product, platform, technology, or monetization features
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
- Experience leading through influence or managing teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $173,100.00 - $241,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.