Senior Director, People Strategy & Planning
Job Id: REQ-0007243
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its people. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, employee relations, and offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Senior Director, People Strategy & Planning, reporting to Riot’s Chief People Officer, you will partner and lead in the delivery of the People team’s most important goals to support Riot’s People Strategy (Core Four). You will also represent the People team in advancing strategic “swarms” around Riot’s highest impact talent and organizational challenges. You will help design and guide People team rituals and ways of working to maximize impact and team success.
- Develop and drive talent priorities, particularly those related to Riot's “Core Four” People Strategy
- Work closely with People team leaders and cross-functional partners to connect different points of view, ensure deadlines and deliverables are met, and work is coordinated toward strategic outcomes
- Design and program manage ongoing key initiatives within People such as business reviews and commitments, dependency tracking, headcount planning, budgeting, and recruiting processes
- Develop framework/approach for “strategic swarms” around Riot’s essential talent and organizational priorities and orchestrate People-team contributions on chosen focus areas
- Represent and act on behalf of the People team on high priority cross-company initiatives (e.g. Riot’s culture transformation and operationalization strike team)
- Lead company-wide projects (e.g. M&A/integration work, contingent production workforce program) across the People team, including identifying appropriate COE and HRBP involvement and ensuring project teams are in place from initiation through complete integration.
- Design People team leadership rituals and operational practices that enable the HRBP and COE leads to achieve their “One Team” organizational and team effectiveness goals; support the ongoing understanding and ultimate success of our Core Four and People OKRs
- Partner with internal comms strategist to develop communication and change management strategies and plans that support People team’s overall strategy & objectives
- Develop strategy and delivery plans to communicate priorities, activities and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met; engage, evaluate, and incorporate feedback loop on organizational needs
- Build strong partnerships with HRBPs and COEs to monitor People team health and develop/manage team rituals and development activities (quarterly town halls, People team engagement opportunities)
- Advise and coach CPO on ways to improve individual and People team effectiveness (e.g. thoughtful communications and message positioning, team dynamics)
- Identify and take on ad-hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives
- Master Riot’s project management tools and effectively keep CPO priorities on track
- At least twelve years of experience with subject matter expertise across multiple dimensions of a People function (e.g. HRBP, Talent/OE, Total Rewards, Operations)
- Results-orientation with demonstrated experience delivering on complicated People initiatives
- Excellent cultivator of relationships, adept in collaboration and building trust while influencing partners at all levels internally and externally
- Direct and indirect people management experience
- Systematic and passionate about designing and implementing processes to keep everyone aligned and on track
- End-to-end program/project management skills
- Expertise in operational efficiency with ability to build systems and tools designed to empower the team
- Eloquent storyteller skillful in creating internal communications and executive-level presentations
- Experience building and motivating teams, particularly in highly fluid environments with evolving priorities
- BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $226,600.00 - $339,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.