Art Lead, Illustration Art
Job Id: REQ-0007241
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Project L. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in -
As an Illustration Lead in the Singapore Studio, you will set the bar and ensure that the illustration assets and deliverables maintain Riot’s quality bar. Using your broad knowledge of art, craft, and visual storytelling, you’ll set clear goals and ensure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible. You’ll build and support a high-performing team and give them the guidance and context they need to deliver amazing illustrations and artwork to our players.
- As an illustration craft lead on the team, you will oversee and be accountable for the quality of the work the team will deliver and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing AAA illustration talent in China and develop and grow their illustration craft and skills through training and feedback
- You will establish a highly engaged, creative, and motivated workspace for your team to unleash their potential.
- You will collaborate with the leadership team and other Rioters worldwide to ensure product goals are fulfilled, and working practices are appropriate.
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises, finding creative and effective solutions to eliminate complex problems as they arise.
- You will use your knowledge and experience with composition, rendering, color and light, visual storytelling, and design to level up illustration projects as needed.
- You will set a clear vision and strategy to develop your team, build trust, and provide consistent feedback.
- You will drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- You will lead and improve team rituals to support high-quality craft and individual growth.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality, visually striking illustrations driven by storytelling and narrative that fits the unique style of the game.
- Extreme proficiency in illustration art fundamentals.
- A clear understanding of the game’s art style.
- A keen understanding of player needs and trends in product narrative to deliver relatable and exciting illustrations for players.
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching the artists.
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator who can concisely convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in English or Chinese.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits