Senior Software Engineer, UI - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0007249
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll partner closely with other game makers on features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software UI Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of game ui technology to inject life into an exciting new game. You will work in a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to answer fundamental product questions and build experiences that will fulfill our players’ imaginative dreams.
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of meta game systems where UI is a core component
- Implement, debug, and refine HUD and FrontEnd UI for a brand new Riot title
- Partner with UX designers and UI artists to create satisfying user experiences
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Work closely with backend and build teams to create space efficient UI packages
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 1 shipped game title
- Thorough understanding of common UI software design patterns (MVC, MVVM, MVP)
- Strong knowledge of data driven design principles
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong OO C/C++/C# programming experience
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Have an agile mindset
- Mobile development experience
- Online SaaS (software as a service) game development experience
- Experience using Unreal Engine, especially UMG and Slate
- Experience using scene rendering analysis tools such as RenderDoc
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.