Senior Software Engineer - VALORANT, Modes
Job Id: REQ-0007259
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer working on the VALORANT Modes Team, you will contribute to the development of new gameplay features and modes. You will collaborate heavily with design to build in and out of game systems that create new and exciting ways to engage with VALORANT. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Modes team.
- Collaborate with designers to support the design and the delivery of gameplay features with highly-varying functionalities and technical needs.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other engineering teams.
- Participate in mentoring more junior engineers.
- Take ownership of live modes and engineer technical improvements.
- Influence software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements and more
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ years of game development experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Familiarity with methodologies like Scrum, Agile or equivalent experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- 1+ year(s) experience developing gameplay features
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows and content pipelines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.