Head of Asia Tax
Job Id: REQ-0007280
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As the Head of Asia Tax, reporting to the Head of Finance and Government Relations, you will lead the tax initiatives for Riot China and APAC. This new role will oversee strategic tax planning, tax advisory, tax controversy, and compliance matters. You will be hands-on, understand tax operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. You will also play an important role in the tax team around structuring, funding, improving processes and operations.
- Ensure tax matters in compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Lead and manage tax structuring projects and regional transfer pricing arrangement;
- Lead and manage tax authority engagements, audits and controversies;
- Develop and ensure internal controls are well executed to mitigate tax risks;
- Connect with business leaders to provide valid and timely tax advice in driving efficient, effective and compliant business solutions
- Design, develop and deliver appropriate tax training to improve overall awareness and capabilities in the business
- Manage a performance-oriented tax team that can grow with the business
- Bachelor's degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance
- 12+ years of work experience, with 6+ years of progressive corporate tax experience in MNC
- Experience in leading the tax function
- Experience with China regulation environment, business processes, and internal controls
- Multinational technology or entertainment industry experience
- Operational experience with strong stakeholder management skills
- CTA / CPA (or equivalent) license
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, and parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.