Insights Analyst II - APAC
Job Id: REQ-0007297
As a Esports Insights Analyst supporting India & SEA and Japan (APAC), you will be tasked with diving into highly ambiguous problem spaces, generating insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences, and collaborating closely with our regional Esports leads, stakeholders, external product partners and with other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both the performance of our portfolio of games and products as well as our players.
You will advise the Esports Team in crafting effective regional esports strategies for APAC supporting India & SEA and Japan. Projects you will drive include collecting and analyzing complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors, providing strategic insights to help develop assumptions and inform decisions, designing and building new dashboards to provide actionable insights, and sharing your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards.
Ultimately you will work closely with Esports teams to help make smarter decisions and build captivating experiences for our players and fans.
This role will work alongside regional leadership in evaluating our existing portfolio, and determining how we can further develop top-tier esports products. Performance in this role requires creativity, willingness to try, fail, and try again at a new approach until it’s working, and a broad familiarity with analyzing research data.
- Working with APAC and supporting India, SEA, Japan Esports to develop objectives, meaningful metrics, and testing strategy for initiatives
- With a focus on business health and esports support, derive insights and drive actions based on regional performance relative to goals and recent trends
- Analyze and attribute the impact of internal initiatives & external impacts on regional product KPIs
- Compare forecasted KPIs vs. Actuals. Analyze, learn from and report on meaningful deviations
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player & fan experience in APAC
- Build dashboards for key ongoing analyses
- Craft narratives on the performance and growth plan of products and business to the senior leadership and other stakeholders. The narratives should be based on the outcome of the above analysis, combined with any other data or qualitative research from various internal and external sources.
- Collaborate with each product insights team to forecast game KPIs by title on a monthly basis and socialize to product leads and regional leadership team
- Evaluation of product performance and recommendations for future product investment
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Deliver or collaborate on quarterly strategic analytics/research deep dives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with product and regional insights teams
- Integrate insights tools and methods into team learning and evaluation cycles
- Fluency in English; strong communication and collaboration skills
- BA in Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional work experience analyzing large data sets, data visualization, and strategy/management consulting
- Knowledge around esports strategies, tactics, and analytics is highly preferred
- Experience with gaming, tech or media/entertainment industry
- Proficient with SQL-Pyspark, Databricks, and Tableau