Senior Analyst, Executive Compensation & Equity
Job Id: REQ-0007305
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Senior Analyst, Executive Compensation & Equity reporting to the Manager, Compensation, you bring experience to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You help manage global compensation programs and processes across the company. You will help with the planning, design and administration of global programs, including executive compensation practices, long-term incentives and systems/tools that support our programs. You are a guardian of good pay practices and can help level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, executive) of compensation.
- Research, benchmark, and analyze competitive market data and best practices for long-term incentive and executive compensation programs
- Administer and continuously evaluate LTI and exec compensation programs and practices, ensuring effectiveness and compliance with applicable regulations
- Collaborate with partners and partners across the People team, finance, legal, and external vendors as necessary to resolve issues and meet our goals
- Administer the exec comp processes, including benchmarking, regular analysis of total comp over time and cycle planning
- Lead and administer the equity awards processes, including new hire and ongoing grant process
- Oversee other long-term incentive-related projects and programs
- Prepare partner materials, including drafting, modeling and developing alternatives and effects for leadership review.
- Collaborate with the People Systems team on tool strategy, build, improvements and enhancements of various compensation tools and reports
- Ensure structural and individual Rioter compensation data is accurately maintained in all data sources through audits and works with relevant People team members to resolve any problems
- Help with the design, implementation and maintenance of compensation communication and training materials for multiple Rioter audiences
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing pay programs and processes and recommend revisions that ensure they are consistent, equitable and meet our strategic goals for Riot’s most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Display complex data sets in a simple, straightforward manner to discerning partners.
- Demonstrate growth, curiosity and in guiding others through complex issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of overall compensation experience, in-house or as a consultant, with 2+ years of experience in running programs and operations for compensation teams, including experience with equity programs
- Advanced skills with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) modeling and other reporting & data visualization tools
- Willingness to jump in to help other areas of compensation when needed such as supporting the development and implementation of new programs at Riot
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to senior leaders
- 2+ years of experience in long-term incentive and executive compensation administration
- Experience in the gaming or tech industries
- Familiarity with Workday Compensation modules
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $124,900.00 - $175,600.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.