Senior Software Engineer, Valorant - Console Tech
Job Id: REQ-0007302
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players through technical solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer on Valorant's Platform Extensions team, you'll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players via technical solutions. As a Software Engineer on Valorant's Platform Extensions Tech team, you'll be diving into solving technical problems required to bring VALORANT to console players. You will build systems to support achievements & trophies, haptics, and more on both Xbox and Playstation. Additionally, you will partner with other teams within Valorant and central Riot to set Valorant up for regular release schedules on consoles. This role will report to the Engineering Manager on Platform Extension, Tech.
- Player-Focused: You have strong player empathy, and you want to find solutions that make players excited to experience our game.
- A Collaborator: You want to work elbow-to-elbow with your team members. You are excited to see problems from a different point of view, and make hard tradeoffs to meet multiple goals.
- Efficiency focused: Inefficiency bothers you and you work to create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Adaptable: You understand and are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
- A Life Long Learner: You seek input, feedback and ask a lot of questions whenever you can. You want to build a deep understanding of the technology you work with.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in professional software development, having shipped at least one console game
- Experience building games in Unreal Engine
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Experience with console platform integration
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience shipping multigenerational console titles
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and optimization techniques
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.