Technical Artist II (Rigging) - Team Fight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0007329
The mission of Technical Art on Teamfight Tactics is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players and for our future.
As a Rigging Technical Artist II, you'll dive deep on rigging Characters, creatures, props and living parts of the arenas, and work closely with artists of all disciplines for creating game art assets. You will be an expert at working with the front end editor, as well as the pipeline and automation for game engine assets. You will be assisting artists in modeling, animation, and VFX to ensure proper topology and motion. You will work with our QA Teams to squash bugs, participate in play tests, and ensure the holistic quality of art assets used in the game. You will anticipate and work on discovery processes to evolve and improve current workflows. You will be expressing your vision for future opportunities regarding the creation of the contents for the player and you will facilitate the delivery of content with improved quality targets and less workflow hurdles. You will develop & maintain the craft bar, and help shape team initiatives while driving forward on team goals. You will report to the Tech Art Manager.
- Rig characters, creatures, animated props, and blendshapes, working closely with animators to achieve engaging in-game performance
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Proactively promote collaboration between art teams to level up content synergy and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in content creation tools, particularly Maya
- Strong understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Capacity to act as an ambassador between various art disciplines and software engineering
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Proficient Python programmer
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of Shaders
- Knowledge of Tools and Workflow UX
- Vision of future and current industry standards
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,700.00 - $176,200.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.