Localization Operations III
Job Id: REQ-0007238
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
You will take care of communications with external resources and other Riot offices, to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and to ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for all languages across all products. Working with the other Operations Leads, you will focus on improving localization operations, developing best practices, guides, and runbooks. In short, you will participate in creating a scalable and sustainable content pipeline for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization.
As a Localization Operations, You will report to the Supervisor, Localization Operations, based in the Singapore office.
- Monitor the operational work for localization and intervene as needed
- Be the primary contact for vendors located within this time zone
- Be the primary escalation point for technical, operational localization needs
- Develop runbooks and processes to promote the efficiency of localization pipeline
- Establish work systems to track work and improve operational and player facing metrics
- Ensure E2E operational success of translation & voice recording for APAC supported locales
- Support APAC leadership drive Global Operations directives
- Support the establishment of Metrics and KPIs for APAC Localization
- Support vendor strategy and vendor needs for the region
- You will have 4 years experience in a similar role
- English professional proficiency. Additional languages are a plus
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have general knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- Experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- Experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable in communicating across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in localization process
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.