Staff Software Engineer - Game Tech Group, Anti-Cheat
Job Id: REQ-0007343
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive engine technology and provide other engineers and technical artists with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in our Games Technology Group you will be on client-side anti-tamper driver development. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build systems and features to support our current and new games. You will report to the Engineering Director of the Game Technology Group. Vanguard is Riot’s industry-leading anti-cheat solution (for more info on Vanguard click here!).
- Help build the technology that powers anti-cheat systems
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Expert in low-level optimization of C++
- Experience w/ kernel drivers
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Interest in working on Stylized Rendering
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500.00 - $249,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.