Staff Software Engineer, Player Expressions and Meta Systems - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0007457
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers on Project L, our new fighting game! You will use your understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, and explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players. You will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development.
- Contribute to long term player progression mechanics as a full stack engineer
- Push the boundaries of the Fighting Game space with Unique Social Systems
- Lead and contribute to technical design, decision-making and implementation
- Work with UX Designers to provide amazing player interfaces
- Build high quality scalable services for millions of players
- Drive collaboration and alignment with cross-disciplinary teams in a full stack space
- Mentorship of other engineers on the team
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader setting vision, developing maintainable codebases, and implementing strategies for code deployment
- 2+ years C++ programming experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience using decision-making frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience defining microservices-based architectures, scalable systems architecture and maintainable software systems for a SaaS product
- Experience in game development
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Affinity for the fighting game genre
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and/or Go
- Experience working collaboratively with other engineers on technical design and implementation
- You believe that diverse teams are fundamentally more effective and work actively to promote an environment where individuals on the team feel included and are encouraged to contribute their perspectives to help the team make better decisions
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Redwood City only) Base salary range between $195,500.00 - $273,800.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.