Marketing Communications Lead, Northern Europe (12 Month Contract)
Job Id: REQ-0007549
As Marketing Communications Lead (or Marketing Communications III as it's known internally) for Northern Europe, you will be reporting to our Country Manager. You will develop player-oriented communications across owned and earned media, and you’ll master Riot's brand and product voices to help craft communications that authentically reflect them. You'll collaborate with brand management and the larger Northern Europe marketing communications team to craft narratives in an authentic, player-focused way.
To achieve that, you’ll lead a team of agencies and will constantly work on identifying, planning and executing on opportunities that will deliver the most impact to players. Seeing player communities grow and thrive is your mission.
As a Northern Europe Rioter, you are part of a world-class team committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritsation of player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming.
- Guide the marketing communications team towards bold, specific goals and operational excellence
- Create and support compelling 360° cross-channel campaigns with clear targets, tracking, and outcomes
- Work closely with the Northern Europe brand team to understand their marketing and comms needs, and execute according to overall campaign goals
- Collaborate with multiple teams (both EMEA and global) to create social media, in-person, and PR campaigns to drive player outcomes
- Direct agencies and partners -- PR, creative, advertising, events, social media -- to maximize value and maintain healthy relationships
- Partner with wider Riot teams to represent Northern European players and ensure proper resourcing
- Manage budgets effectively in order to drive efficiency and value across our channels
In this role, your responsibilities may evolve over time to align with the changing needs of our organization.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing communication, at an agency or in-house, in the video game, technology, or entertainment industry
- Global or regional experience working at an international HQ or across multiple countries/markets
- Understanding of the gaming landscape and the needs of game communities in the market
- Experience with crisis communications and responding to sensitive and rapidly-escalating situations in a professional manner
- Experience implementing successful marketing & communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communicator in English, with deep experience representing the unique voices of individual spokespeople and brands
- Experience growing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Our Perks :
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness/Gym allowance
- Vision allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, medical condition, political affiliation or activity, genetic information, religion, trade union membership or activity, age, sexual orientation, family status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status or characteristics. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
If you need assistance or an accommodation for this process due to a disability, please let us know.