Esports Brand Architect
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Brand Architect, you will be developing some of the brands of key League of Legends esports tournaments. Working with a team of fellow gamers and innovative esports professionals, you will develop brand strategies and see them through in the execution of key publishing programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to our esports audience in China. You’ll work closely with Brand, Communications, Broadcasting, Events, Business Development, League Ops, Player Management, and Merch teams and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for League of Legends esports.
As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our Shanghai office, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in China. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our Shanghai office to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Experienced: you have a highly successful track record developing brand and publishing strategies and campaigns that are truly impactful and value-adding to your audience; you have preferably managed brands in these fields in China: online games, esports, internet products or services, entertainment products, or traditional sports
- Strategic: you understand the importance of having clear mission and strategies before composing tactics and jumping to execution; you’re able to see the big picture, embracing the unique culture of Riot and the overall vision of League of Legends esports, and composing sharp strategies to achieve long-term brand objectives
- An architect: you have instincts to identify and level up creative ideas collected from internal and external sources; and are able to plan publishing campaigns based on established objectives and strategies; you’ll participate in developing Core Creative Ideas, campaign architecture, and key programs that appeal to the existing and potential League of Legends esports audience in China
- A strong communicator: you have pro communication capabilities, and are able to effectively collaborate with internal teams, our close partners, and third-party vendors; you are a good listener and are able to communicate with candor, concision, and clarity
- Detail-oriented: details matter and make a huge difference; you pay much attention to details when planning campaigns and promotions, and when overseeing the execution of them to make sure that quality is delivered to our audience
- A core gamer: playing video games has always been (and still is) one of your top leisure activities, and consume more time of your personal time than most other activities; preferably, you play League of Legends; you have genuine empathy for Chinese players, and a strong desire to bring them an awesome experience deep at heart
- A humble learner: esports and gaming is a fast-developing industry that keeps changing all the time; rules and experience from yesterday may not be applicable today, there is always a lot of new stuff to learn; you’re capable, yet humble, and you’re eager to learn new things from your colleagues and more importantly, from players, no matter who they are
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- Take part in developing brand and publishing strategies for global and regional League of Legends esports tournaments
- Own key League of Legends esports publishing projects and see them through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors
- Craft plans for publishing campaigns and promotions for League of Legends esports tournaments that will deliver value and excitement to a broad reach of audience in China
- Cultivate China player/audience trust for Riot Games as a League of Legends esports entertainment provider, by consistently delivering value through publishing efforts, explaining the Hows and Whys behind our decisions, and by shaping perception for League of Legends esports among players and the general public
- Share insights, learnings, and knowledge with Rioters and our partner teams that will inspire and help us in our work to bring awesome, ground-breaking player experiences
- Participate in finding, evaluating, and managing third-party vendors that are capable of understanding Riot and our communities, and delivering awesome value to our audience
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.