Associate Live Ops Producer - Esports (Contract)
Job Id: 5579
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Associate Live Ops Producer (Contract) for APAC, you will help to deliver our esports events to players across Southeast Asia. You will focus on working with our esports partners in the production and broadcast of our new esports events including player facing content, event broadcast, and more. You will be an on-call fixer - There isn’t a problem that comes up that you won’t be diving into. You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You are able to come up with innovative solutions to maximize budget and streamline production efforts.
You will join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games APAC is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Assist and support all of our local esports leagues and tournaments across the APAC region
- Liaise with esports licensees and partners to ensure game day content, data and results are kept up to date
- Work with esports licensees and partners to deliver high quality broadcasts to our players
- Work with internal teams to maintain the accuracy and stability of our player facing esports platforms
- Triage and troubleshoot data pipelines from the games to the players
- Train esports licensees and partners on correct usage of Riot systems and tools
- Coordinate between partners and Riot stakeholders (esports, marketing, game teams) in the delivery of broadcasts
- Update internal esports operations partners (Ops, NOC) on major updates and upcoming changes
- Be the point of contact for external esports operations partners for any broadcast interrupting issues
- Work with the esports Live Producer on new projects and supporting ongoing tasks
- 2+ years of experience working in the esports or gaming event space
- Experience working in a variety of marketing mediums (video content, website development, live events)
- Strong incident management and troubleshooting experience
- Regional experience working across different countries/markets within Southeast Asia, including an understanding of general cultural and localization differences
- Experience in the broadcast industry with additional curiosity on remote broadcast engineering
- Fluency in native APAC languages (excluding English) a plus. Fluent English is required
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.