Principal Enterprise Architect
Job Id: REQ-0007632
Riot's Enterprise Technology organization ensures Rioters have what they need to unlock their full potential by providing expertise on cybersecurity to protect the experience of millions of players, offering corporate solutions to increase productivity and guide teams on complex data privacy regulations. The Architecture team has the core mission to identify and tackle technical bottlenecks to increase business agility of Riot’s corporate functions (HR, Finance, Legal etc).
That’s where you come in: You will drive the establishment and evolution of the EA teams services/operating model and facilitate the alignment between business and technology.
You’ll lead the new Enterprise Architecture team focused on enabling corporate functions to better leverage technology solutions in partnership with application teams. The scope for this team includes process excellence/intelligence efforts, software selections and implementation advisory, automation and integration efforts. The main goals are the improvement of end-to-end experience and increased cost efficiency by reducing low value-add activities.
You have the ability to achieve business goals by balancing the long-term and short-term needs. You have excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills. Organizationally savvy, with situational and contextual intelligence that takes into consideration the different team/tech maturities to influence the expected outcomes. The role will report to the Director, Enterprise Systems and Delivery Management.
- Drive the establishment and evolution of the EA teams services and operating model.
- Coach and mentor other architects, product leads, business systems analysts and business stakeholders to instill architectural and process thinking.
- Conduct gap analysis of the business’ future-state capabilities and current technology landscape to detect critical gaps and opportunities, recommending and implementing solutions for improvement.
- Maintain the alignment, integration and coordination of architecture activities across different functions, programs, projects and products as they evolve over time.
- Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise’s business strategy, direction, and architecture.
- Be a trusted and respected thought leader who can influence and persuade business and technology teams.
- Explore emergent technologies and translate their value propositions into opportunities to deliver business value.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of experience as a people manager building and leading teams in an enterprise architecture role.
- 12 or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment.
- Experience selecting, implementing and supporting off-the-shelf solutions and integrations in core corporate functions including HR, Finance, Legal (Workday, Oracle, Coupa, Concur etc).
- Familiarity with common enterprise foundational services/capabilities (Active Directory, Okta, AWS, networking) and enterprise/IT/business architecture frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, FEAF etc.).
- Effective leadership skills with exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation. Understand and speak the language of the business with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Good understanding of agile principles, software development and testing methodologies (waterfall, Scrum, rapid prototyping, XP, DevOps).
- Experience with integration, automation, process mining and enterprise architecture solutions such as Workato, Celonis, UIPath, Ardoq (or similar).
- Experience leading business process excellence/intelligence efforts.
- Experience in regulated industries and compliance related projects.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $140,100.00 - $194,900.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.