Senior Manager, Hardlines Category Management
Job Id: REQ-0007641
As Riot's Senior Manager, Hardlines Category Management, you will set the strategic vision and direction for all Hardlines product categories including Toys & Collectibles, Consumer Electronics/Game Peripherals, etc. across all licensed and OEM products. This includes managing all aspects of the business from strategic planning to deal inception, product development and retail programming.
- Assist with providing global Category vision and leadership; setting strategic direction for OEM and licensed merchandise across Riot’s portfolio of IP
- Develop product and merchandising strategies while working in conjunction with marketing teams to develop plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing goals are met
- Manage the development and implementation of category and trade strategies to support company objectives across Hardlines; including overall product and brand life cycle management and management of key agency relationships, promotional and marketing programs
- Manage OEM P&L to ensure all product lines are within budget and profit objectives are accomplished
- Drive brand growth (sales and profitability) through targeted product selection (forecasts and inventory), supported by detailed analysis of business elements such as: pricing, customer base and competition.
- Marketing strategy - assist in developing, executing and owning marketing plans, communication, activity planning, key drivers and publicity in partnership with the Marketing team
- Distribution strategy - in conjunction with Ecommerce and Agency teams, develop retail strategy by IP
- Work with regional teams, licensees, integrated retail, product development and agency teams to plan product assortments that meet retailer needs by distribution channel
- Manage the business process from concept and pitch, to licensee/partner onboarding, contract signature and product development through launch
- Oversee daily management of licensees including, relationship building, contract negotiation, review of product line planning, and marketing and retail activities in conjunction with key internal and cross-functional partners
- Brand and product launch timing including product life cycle planning, future product planning and exclusive opportunities
- Research and understand industry trends (market and consumer), competitors, retailer landscape, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retail sales performance of essential licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis
- Strategize and analyze accounts (licensee and retailer) performance to identify white space opportunities and develop growth goals that are aligned with Riot Games Consumer Products plans
- Assist with fiscal responsibility for all Hardlines categories including annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
- Build team-oriented relationships with other Riot Games teams to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, departments and cross-promotional opportunities
- Collaborate with Product Development team to ensure products align with business objectives
- Focus on consumer and customer needs and satisfaction; set high standards for quality
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience developing Hardlines programs for entertainment and/or game IP
- Experience in building brand plans that focus on consumer and trade tactical execution
- Confident with financials including acumen to manage budgets, negotiate estimates and analyze market data
- Strong deal negotiation skills
- Reputation for successfully cultivating both internal and external relationships with clear knowledge of key licensees by category, manufacturers and retailers, and full supply chain understanding
- Experience working with retailers on cross-category initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills, comfortable operating in a hands-on style consistent with fast-growing startup businesses
- Strong program/project management skills with ability to drive planning, schedules, estimates, budgeting, resource plans and status reports
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $173,100.00 - $241,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.