Senior Manager, Technical Art - Creative Department, Central Creative Tech
Job Id: REQ-0007647
Central Creative Tech is a central team of technical artists within the Creative Department, whose mission is focused on building foundational art tools and pipelines for our games. As a Senior Manager of Technical Art, you will work closely with the Principal Technical Artists to lead, architect, innovate, and uphold the technical quality of our shared game art tools and pipelines for internal game teams. You will partner with the other technical art leaders to inform on best practices and pipelines, workflow, and asset production so artists can work efficiently and without technical hurdles through various stages of game development.
You will be responsible for working with Production support to help define operational practices (process, communication, budget, delivery) and coordinating relevant work efforts between key internal customers. This can be done either by directly executing or coordinating with other parties. This role reports to the Director of Creative Operations for Central Creative and is responsible for the management, leadership and growth of our Central Creative Tech team."
- Lead and mentor a team of technical artists, focusing on performance enhancement and growth within their respective crafts
- Communicate a cohesive vision and standard for artistic tools, workflows and pipelines informed by internal customers needs
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to align with our holistic approach to game technology and tools
- Design and iterate with a global user base on tools and workflows that service multiple productions and use best practices
- Set up and drive alignment for ongoing work-in-progress reviews, code reviews, feedback sessions and more
- Guide and communicate expectations for standardization of tools and workflows developed centrally, while respecting the autonomy and unique needs of individual teams
- Act as an advocate for a unified development culture, emphasizing alignment, inclusivity, and collaboration across diverse teams
- 7+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- 4+ years of professional management experience
- Expertise with Maya, game engines, and scripting in Python
- Experience building long-term maintainable, testable, portable, and stable systems
- Experience in converting artistic needs into sustainable workflow designs.
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience developing Unreal Blueprints
- Experience programming in C++ and UnrealScript
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for designing next-generation systems
- Experience with machine learning or AI
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $191,600.00 - $267,800.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.